Field Operations Manager (Utility Metering)
Job Post Date 8/14/18
The Energy Control Company is seeking a Field Operations Manager (Utility Metering) to join our team.
ECC, an emergent technology firm focused on measuring and managing commercial real estate energy consumption, is looking for a Field Operations Manager based in Richmond, Virginia. This key role will build out ECC’s field operations and fulfill client contractual agreements for equipment installation and maintenance. This role works with internal ECC resources, hardware suppliers and sub-contractor networks.
- Collaborate with sales, internal departments and vendors on new contracts
- Purchasing, logistics and inventory management
- Build an effective team to deliver world-class service to our clients
— Direct leadership for internal Field Operations team members
— Develop a network of sub-contractors and hardware suppliers
— Deploy effective procurement techniques to reduce purchasing spend and inventory while maintaining short lead-times and high service levels
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Experience running a successful Field Operations team
- Experience developing a network of vendors and sub-contractors
- Financial P&L experience
- Remote troubleshooting and repair of metering systems and field hardware
- Proposal development expertise
- Proven ability to develop a highly effective client facing team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Proven ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Industry knowledge in commercial property management a plus
- BA or BS degree required. Preferably in fields such as Engineering, Mathematics or Physics. Business Administration also a plus.
- At least 5 years of successful operations management. Hands on technical and supervisory responsibility. Must have sufficient familiarity with data manipulation and analysis tools.
- Negotiation and contracting skills for developing and managing installation subcontractors.
- Knowledge of metering and experience with the various major AMR technologies a plus.
- CEM experience preferred.
- Statistical analysis a plus.
- Exhibit high degrees of organization and logical thinking.
- Show initiative, ability to make decisions, and provide leadership.
- Must possess analytical and critical thinking ability to assess operational problems and situations, develop recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, strong written and verbal communication abilities, and excellent computer skills.
- LEED and PMP certifications a plus.
- Regional or multi-state construction or service organization operating in the trades with emphasis in MEP a plus.
The Energy Control Company is a leader in energy and sustainability solutions that transform data into action for commercial buildings.
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a rapidly expanding leader in energy management, work with the latest technologies and develop your career, then ECC is the place for you. Our team is innovative, motivated, agile, and hard working. We offer a casual work environment, competitive salaries and a benefits package.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO THE ENERGY CONTROL COMPANY., LLC AT 11219 NUCKOLS RD, SUITE D, GLEN ALLEN, VA 23059